|2012 RANDOLPH STREET MARKET EDITOR'S CHOICE FOR CHARITY PICKS 10/02/2012
|1. Rebecca Michuda, Today's Chicago Woman
1. Mr. Modern, 4 set-Danish Modern Arm Chairs/$995
Comfy + great condition! They’re sexy!
2. Chicago Center for Print, Le Bal des Maudit Poster
Epic, cool poster!
3. Arthur Swirgon LTD, Tall Black Chairs
They’re so unique.
4. RAAPHDS-Andre Stubbs, Two Seat Bench/$100
It’s cute and romantic!
5. Olde Good Things, Light Teal Mirror/$675
Love the color-so chic!
Charity: TCW Foundation
2. Barri Leiner Grant, m&b Vintage Smitten
1. Swellstuff, Cecil Beaton Scrapbook/$265
1st Edition fashion photography legend!
2. Style Concepts, Chanel Purse/$1150
Rare round purse-a must!
3. Main Street Mercantile, Swiss Army Gas Light/$1425
Fabulous, sleek vintage-uber cool statement piece.
4. Longhorn Inn $750-Inventive display piece/table
One of a kind!
5. Megillicutti, Furnished 1 Room Apt. Sign/$85
3. Ari Nardo, Interiors
1. Alphabet Soup, Larry Laslo Tabletop Set
The big bodacious vamp of the eighties bursts onto this tabletop setting.
2. Century Chicago, Broyhill Cabinet/Room Divider
Mid century is so hot it might be drowning in hipsterness.
3. Saffron Vintage, Paige Mayberry for Brass Orchids
If Stevie Nicks did high tea at the Drake, we would want her to sip in this gypsy number.
4. Kevin Gorsh, Ostrich, 60’s Handbag
5. Mainly Art, Fire Tools Set
Lucite-fire and ice, digging on the contrast!
Charity: YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago
4. Meg Mathis, Michigan Ave
1. J+M Antiques, LM Phone SWGOG/$95
Adds such a fun retro touch-it makes me feel like I could give a Zack Morris a run for his money!
2. Saffron Vintage, 1960’s Mod Silk Trapeze Dress/$150
How amazing is this dress? I’m smitten with the cut, glittery silk and the Technicolor.
3. Main Street Mercantile, Vintage Brass Belt Buckly/$35
There’s nothing more American than a brass buckle advertising USA Bands. God Bless America!
4. Paper Patty, Framed Shirley Temple Picture/$15
Shirley Temple is the greatest child star of all time, and this comes from someone who knows every word (and tap dance moves) to the “Good Ship Lollipop”.
5. Vintage Allure, Leather Backpack/$168
This leather backpack is the perfect color and silhouette that will only get better with age.
5. Elle Eichinger, Michigan Ave
1. J+M Antiques, Globe/$148
I’ve been dying to get a globe, and this one is so old school and cool.
2. Style Concepts, Chanel Belt/Neclace/$450
Why not? So pretty and edgy!
3. Carrie’s Funky to Fabulous, Lizzard Cowboy boots/$75
Love to dress these up for Fall!
4. J+ M Antiques, Bangle/Bracelet
Love all of these. They are Fall colors and I would stack them high on my arm.
5. Main Street Mercantile, Teak Burl piece
Would be turned into a cool table or just a great piece for display.
Charity: Greater Chicago Food Depository
6. Lisa Skolnik
1. Style Concepts, Chanel Belt/$495
2. Global Art and Antiques, Peter Rovert Keil Painting/$4500
Incredible example of German expressionism.
3. Vintage Allure, Alligator Bag/$795
One of the ages.
4. Style Concepts, Leopard Purse/$245
Very Mad Men!
5. Maria Brazas, Zaterre/$395
7. Ginny Van Alyea, Chicago Gallery News
1. Saffron Vintage, Vintage couture 1950’s Skirt/$275
Custom piece, bizarre single pant leg, fabulous color.
2. D Brett Benson, Lucite Handbag/$225
Super cool clear Lucite box purse.
3. The Swell, Cooking for Orgies
How could I not pick this?
4. Mr. Modern, 6 Piece Lenox China Set/$195
Simple, classic china for such a steal!
5. Greg Johnson Antiques, Pair of Silver Platters
Dramatic, over the top pieces that would be elegant in the right home.
Charity: Royal Oak Foundation
8. Emma Arnold, Tres Awesome
1. Rick Lidinsky, Acme Kids Boot
2. Vintage Allure, Kenneth Lane Saxaphone/$68
3. Susie’s, Jack McConnell pink cloche/$125
4. Montalbano, Mardi Gras Costume-Duke and Duchess
Charity: Habitat for Humanity
9. Jessie Barber, Minipenny.com
1. Edit Home Furnishings, 4 Chairs/$575
Beautiful color, modern shape and texture.
2. Lulu Blossom, Sugar Scrub/$27.95
Animal-friendly, great scent and nicest team!
3. Ellen Germanos, Yves Saint Laurent Silk Scarf/$87.50
Classic scarf with great fall colors.
4. Zelda’s Attic, Leopard Pendant/$35
Perfectly kitschy and would look great on a distressed denim vest or jacket!
5. Mainly Art, 1950’s Flanders Desk/$395
Great mid-century shape, good price and condition.
10. William Bragadoccio, Men’s Street Fashion
1. Vintage Allure, Fur Boa/$315
Because a fur boa is the perfect piece for any wardrobe.
2. 29 Palms, Spanish Hair Combs/$85
Hauntingly beautiful detailing and great splash of color (fire red).
3. Century Chicago, Chair
The lines of the chair are clean and precise.
4. Sunglass Heaven, 1920’s Black + Green sunglasses/$280
One of kind 1920’s piece with a great story.
Charity: Autism Speaks
11. Ana Fonua, CSM: A Style Maven's Diary
1. Vintage Allure, Tomato Clutch
Very hot clutch for the Fall season.
2. Style Concepts, Waist Belt (DKNY)
Baroque is hot for Fall!
3. Main Street Mercantile, Industrial Bar/$1575
Refurbished in the new black.
4. Main Street Mercantile, Vintage Bike/$325
Great for gift giving.
5. Longhorn Inn, Dressing Vanity/$395
Charity: Girls on the Run - Chicago
12. Haeley Giambalvo, Design Improvised
1. Megillicutti, Large Wire Birdcage/$65
Can make for a great conversation piece!
2. Industrial Evolution, Croquet/Cue Ball Mobile/$400
This caught my eye the second I walked into the Market. I love designing eclectic kids rooms and this mobile would be such a sophisticated addition.
3. Alphabet Soup, Flour/Sugar/Coffee/Tea Canister Set
This retro canister set screams fun!
4. 29 Palms, Bamboo Bar Cart/$175
I think everyone needs a vintage bar cart in their home!
5. El Kiosco, Parlour/Bistro Table/$125
The twisted legs on the table are really unique.
Charity: Greater Chicago Food Depository
13. Jaye Gipson, Curvatude
1. Style Concepts, Large Link Necklace/$99
Fabulous Vintage feel
2. Mr. Modern, Faux Fur/Plexi Purse/$48
Gorgeous animal print/plexi mix.
3. The Winding Road, Handmade Fair Trade Ribbed Handbag/$45
Gorgeous color, great size, and made in Nepal.
4. Estates Chicago, Givenchy Gold Tone Earrings/$35
Who doesn’t love a door knocker. Bold, gold, fab!
5. Jeffrey Nott, 60’s Mod Pendant Necklace/$28
Great mod style and so fab!
Charity: Greater Chicago Food Depository
14. Jen Luby, Second City Soiree
1. Countryside Gardens, Cornfence/$125
Traditional subject made modern with recycled materials.
2. Edit Home Furnishings, Victorian Ladies Vanity Chair/$350
This chair was refurbished with fabric from a vintage dress!
3. The Pardee Collection, Anonymous Lady/$750
She draws you in!
4. Global Art + Antiques, Fisherman Coming Ashore/$5000
Gorgeous color and sense of movement.
5. Greg Johnson Antiques, Silver Revolving Terrine/$265
Lovely Edwardian serving piece.
Charity: Junior League of Chicago
15. Leilani Wertens, Thriftaholic
1. 29 Palms, Parking Meter
Lamp made from a real parking meter!
2. Estates Chicago, 1920’s Velvet Cloche/$40
Adorable rhinestone bow, very “Boardwalk Empire”.
3. Mary Rezek, 1940’s Aqua Rhinestone Necklace
4. Chanelle Amberose Vintage, 1960’s Aluminum Cookie Jar
Charity: Open Books
16. James Barra, Interiors
1. Global Art & Antiques, James Swann Etching
James is an award winning Chicago artist known for his etchings.
2. Susie’s, Silver Turkoman Cuff @ 19th Century
3. Satsuma, Hand Painted link Bracelet/$390
Hand painted, late 1880’s-1920. Want one!
4. Style Concepts, Wendy Stevens Contemporary Desigenr/$450
What is not to like!
5. Joan Bartole, $378
1960’s Vintage, excellent condition, original fabric, tight springs.
17. Jessie Kalin, Windy City Live
1. D Brett Benson, Panetta Costume Bracelet/$300
Very unique! Bold bracelet with a little sparkle.
2. Estates Chicago, Les Bernard Collar/$70
Great statement necklace you can pair with anything.
3. Vintage Allure, Swakara with Black Mink Collar/$495
It’s gorgeous! If you bought a swakara in a retail store like this it would go for thousands.
4. Findings Antiques, Fruit Crate Set Drawers/$95
Rustic looking piece. Would add flare to any room!
5. Style Concepts, Leather gold chain wrap bracelet/$49
Great piece for layering! It’s leather so its going to last and the gold chain detaching makes it stand out.
Charity: Bright Pink
18. Talia Pines, CS
1. Mayseek Global Treasures, Carpet/$750
Beautiful color and pattern plus great history.
2. Timely Treasures, Escada Blazer/$75
Love the vintage look that is so in now.
3. Longhorn Inn, Solid maple folding Bench/$225
I want it!
4. The Winding Road, Cashmere Marina Wool Scarf/$140
Bought one in a gray/brown and love it!
Charity: @properties' Friends & Neighbors Community Fund
19. Kevin Aeh, Time Out Chicago
1. J+M Antiques, Deco Bakelite Clock/$78
I love a cool looking clock. This one would look great in my bedroom.
2. Mr. Modern, Indian Alleys Team Photo/$65
The old school team photos ooze cool.
3. Main Street Mercantile, Vintage Camera Lamp/$175
Enough with the decorating with old typewriters! Decorate with a vintage camera instead!
4. Montalbano, $3
Well I love the letter A ( my last name) or you could get stamps that spell out “oh hi”.
5. Jon and Diane Smith, Landis Chaser Card Catalogue/$60
This reminds me of my days working at the library.
Charity: Vital Bridges
20. Brandon Frein, Kit This
1. Saffron Vintage, Sonia Rykiel Metallic Shift/$375
Unique statement-making and versatile dress.
2. Saffron Vintage, Chanel Bag/$300
Every girl needs a Chanel bag and at $300, too good a deal to pass!
3. Saffron Vintage, Valentino Cashmere Cape/$375
Drape yourself in sumptuousness that is all.
4. Tangerine Vintage, Dana Marte Cloche/$32
A great vintage hat in a gorgeous color.
5. Brian Seccurro, Tarp Bags/$30-48
Great, sturdy totes with pockets!
21. Molly Each, Chicago Sun Times Splash
1. La Vie Encore!, Underwood Typewiter/$110
Every dedicated writer should have a vintage typewriter on hand to honor those who came before.
2. Jonathan Stigler, Muscle Men/$175
Why not? Who doesn’t need some retro muscle men in their home?
3. Its Very Cool, Plaid Wool Poncho/$145
It makes me excited for winter and I love anything plaid.
4. J+M Antiques, New Orleans Airline Poster/$195
There’s nothing cooler than vintage airline posters-perfectly collectible.
5. Diane Landry, Green Glider/$295
Reminds me of summer and I love the color.
Charity: Vital Bridges
22. Rochelle Vayo Adkinson, Bring it Home
1. Longhorn Inn, 5x6 Cowhide Rug/$550
Gorgeous hide patchwork-feels like butter!
2. Edit Home Furnishings, Vintage Dining Table/$695
Beautiful shape-hidden drawers for extra storage!
3. Century Chicago, Danish Lounge Chair/$495
Beautiful shape, very comfortable + newly reupholstered with some shimmer!
4. Century Chicago, Bar Cart/$225
Beautiful smoked glass and curved shape.
5. A Gilded Room, Wingback Chair/$425
Contrasting bottom cushion gives a traditional piece some subtle personality and it’s comfy!!
Charity: American Cancer Society
23. Patrice Grell Yursik, Afrobella
1. Linx by Mark Morton, Knight to Remember/$270
Stunning piece incorporating vintage with new-incredible quality.
2. Silver Tin Vintage, Leather 1970’s Trench/$88
Look at it! So gorgeous.
3. Gypsy Temple, Hand beaded Necklace/$330
Vintage African Beads.
4. Bel Air Jewelry, French Floral Clutch/$165
Stunningly gorgeous and unusual.
5. E by Elyse Vieni, Knight in Shining Armour/$98
Obsessed with crystals and stunning African crystal piece.
Charity: Mercy Home for Boys & Girls
24. Ramon Gonzalez, mrbrownthumb.blogspot.com
1. Robi & Audra, Bird Bath/$200
Classic form, nice color fits in any garden or atrium.
2. Mayseek Global Treasures, Window Shutters/$375
Beautiful, would look nice hanging on a garden door/fence or indoors with a collection of orchids.
3. Brian Seccurro, Tool Cabinet/$695
Would look nice as a terrarium, hold a collection of books and garden tools.
4. El Kiosco, Lockers/$350
Storage in garden or yard for tools like shovels, garden boots, spades, trowels, gloves, fertilizers.
5. Acorn Market, Succulent Display/$600
Wonderful and unusual selection of succulent plants. Make an instant plant conservatory.
Charity: Su Casa Catholic Worker Community
25. Sarah Azzouzi, Zzouzivintage
1. Dethrose Vintage, 1970’s Sparkle Dress/$58
It’s disco party chic!
2. Estates Chicago, Art Deco Faceted Citrine Silver Link Bracelet/$300
3. Gypsy Temple, Camel Blanket/$99
4. Dinner Bell Farm Salvage, Lego Man Giant/$125
Drew my attention!
Charity: Doctors without Borders
26. Blair Culwell, Design-That-Inspires
1. Carrie Jo Homann, 1960’s Mink Jacket/$350
Beautiful/perfect condition, great length, fabulous price, love the color!
2. Style Concepts, Persian Lamb and Mink/$425
Again, beautiful condition, black, soft and warm.
3. RAAPHDS Antiques & Collectable, Brass and wood coffee table/$110
4. RAAPHDS Antiques & Collectable, Geode Bookends/$40
5. Edit Home Furnishings, Yellow Ottoman/$250
Bright, sunny, unique, one of a kind piece. Perfect pop of color to any room.
Charity: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
27. Carmen Rivera, Chicago Magazine
1. Vert Moderne, Ballroom Gown
Vintage black sequins-because it’s gorgeous!
2. Susan Patterson Interiors, Steuben Candlesticks/$350
Marshall Fields vintage. Original and gorgeous!
3. The Pardee Collection, Vintage Mag Clipping Wall Art
Rare, vintage magazine photos.
4. Mr. Modern, Berkey& Gary drop front secretary desk/$950
Rare secretary desk made in Grand Rapids, MI.
5. Kevin Gorsh, Blonde Croc Bag by Prestige
Huge crocodile bag-gorgeous, rare size.
Charity: Casa of Cook County
28. Alison Fraker, alisonfraker.blogspot.com
1. Industrial Evolution, Console Table
Repurposed wood and cool industrial base.
2. 29 Palms, Yellow 50’s Arm Chairs
Great style and color!
3. Saffron Vintage, YSL Men’s Boot
Oxblood, beautiful color, 70’s vintage.
4. Vasso Kolias Antiques, Fashion Print/$65
Fantastic print by student at Art Institute in the 30’s.
5. Saffron Vintage, Goldrings Couture Dress
Beautiful silk floral dress.
Charity: MS Hope for a Cure
29. Cait Weingartner, Prettyandfun
1. Century Chicago, Credenze/$1495
Amazing vintage piece!
2. Ed Lehman, Mirror/$48
Perfect addition to a gallery wall or over a bed.
3. Future Concepts, Vintage Globe/$45
Teal base makes it unique. Great piece for a book shelf.
4. Mayseek Global Treasures, Quilt/$89
Perfect color combo to add warm feel to a room.
5. Lulu of Chicago, Vintage Coach Duffel/$85
Classic coach in cognac. The color will never go out of style.
Charity: Homeless Hounds Rescue
30. Tricia Royal, bitsandbobbins.com
1. Jon Stigler, Chair-Knoll-Mid Century modern, sculptural furniture.
2. Walter Myers Modern, Red + White Neon Sign/$30
Arrange on wall.
3. J + M Antiques, Memphis Style Bench/$450
Pop art, awesome looking and functional.
4. D Brett Benson, Bakelite Hearts & Arrow Brooch/$950
Gorgeous vintage, 1930/40’s costume jewelry!
5. La Vie Encore!, British Flag Wall Art/$125
This is Britain’s year (Olympics, etc.) plus anything British= classic, classy and chic!
Charity: Make-A-Wish Foundation®
31. Ashley Nicole Catherine, ashleynicolecatherine.blogspot.com
1. Ed Lehman, Coat Rack/$250
Refinshed in gold, this coat rack with beautiful details would be an amazing statement piece.
2. La Vie Encore!, Zebra Print Desk Chair/$425
This fun & funky chair would be perfect for the chic working girl.
3. Marshall Davis Antiques, Country French Tufted Back Chairs/$995
These upholstered chairs add an easy elegance to any room.
4. Industrial Evolution, Island Table/$600
Beautiful mix of industrial elegance and great space saver for the kitchen.
5. Cotton’s Collectibles, Skull/$55
This quirky piece would look amazing on an étagère.
Charity: Partners In Health
32. Jessica Williams
1. Laura Duvall, Vintage Floral luggage painted with cute floral pattern
Great to use or display!
2. Ed Lehman, 1950’s water-skis
Love the charming shape and details!
3. Century Chicago, Tray
Gold and marble inlay on black and melamine tray.
Charity: Chicago’s Common Pantry
| use Parknav to find street parking spots!